Space For Life has two of Stefan Blom's paintings on display.
Stefan Blom was born in Kimberly in 1963. His first solo exhibition took place on July 1995 at the Karen McKerron Gallery in Johannesburg. He also had a joint exhibition with Stanley Hermans at the Galerie de Lyons in Cape Town and another with new South African artists at Rust en Vreugd in Cape Town. From 1995-1996 he participated in an exhibition at the District Six Museum which moved to a showing at the National Gallery in Cape Town.
In 1996 he received an FNB Vita award nomination, and exhibited his works at the Johannesburg Art Gallery. In the same year he exhibited a joint sculpture exhibition held by BMW at Sandton Square, Johannesburg. In 1997 Stefan had a second solo exhibition at the Karen McKerron Gallery in Johannesburg and later exhibited alongside Lisa Brice, Andrew Putter and Peet Pienaar at the Hänel Gallery in Cape Town. Stefan's first solo show for the Hanel Gallery was held in 1998.
In 1999 Blom exhibited together with Lisa Brice, Moshekwa Langa, Andrew Putter, Beezy Bailey at the Art Fair in Frankfurt, Germany and was a part of an interactive exhibition with Stanley Hermans that took place at the Hänel Gallery Cape Town. In the same year Stefan's work was exhibited in a joint exhibition at the Axis Gallery in New York and a solo show of recent works in Cape Town at the Hänel Gallery.
- Joint exhibition "The Best" with Lisa Brice, A.R.Penck, J.Immendorff, Nigel Mullins, Wayne Barker, Moshekwa Langa, Beezy Bailey in Cape Town at the Hänel Gallery.
- Joint exhibition "Get wet" Interactive exhibition with Seamus Wilson and Martin van Niekerk in Cape Town at the Hänel Gallery.
- Solo show in Cape Town at the Hänel Gallery
- Joint exhibition "5 südafrikanische Künstler" in Wiesbaden at the Galerie Frank Hänel
- Joint interactive exhibition "Moo-Do" with Seamus Wilson in Cape Town at the Hänel Gallery
- Joint exhibition "Seasons Greeting" with Aaron Wegmann, Musa Xaba, Nigel Mullins in Cape Town at the Hänel Gallery
- Solo show "Dressed for Love" in Cape Town with the Hänel Gallery
- Solo show "Dressed for Love" in Wiesbaden at the Galerie Frank Hänel.
For more information on Stefan Blom, please visit his website at www.stefanblom.co.za.